It's Electric!

Innovation

An extensive site and redevelopment plan is in the works for the former General Electric Campus, centrally located in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana.This historic campus of manufacturing buildings has been around since 1893, originating as the Fort Wayne Electric Company. At the turn of the 20th century, General Electric acquired the Fort Wayne Electric Company, and employed almost 40% of the city’s workforce. GE played a large role in the country’s efforts during World War II by manufacturing electrical motors and transformers. Only a few hundred workers remained at the GE campus by the 1980s, and the plant was eventually closed in 2015.

Read more...
contact-us